A nurse is caring for a patient who has been hospitalized after undergoing hip-replacement surgery. The patient complains of not sleeping well and feels very drowsy during the day.
- What factors are affecting the patient’s sleep pattern?
- What assessments should the nurse perform?
- What SMART outcome can be established for this patient?
- Outline interventions the nurse can implement to enhance sleep for this patient.
- How will the nurse evaluate if the interventions are effective?
A nurse is assigned to work rotating shifts and develops difficulty sleeping.
- Why do rotating shifts affect a person’s sleep pattern?
- What are the symptoms of insomnia?
- Describe healthy sleep habits the nurse can adopt for more restful sleep.