1. A male patient has an impairment of cranial nerve II. Specific to this impairment, the nurse would plan to do which of the following to ensure patient safety?
- Use a loud tone when speaking to the patient
- Test the temperature of the shower water
- Check the temperature of the food prior to eating
- Remove obstacles when ambulating
2. The nurse is performing a mental status examination on a patient with confusion. This test assesses which of the following?
- Cerebral function
- Cerebellar function
- Sensory function
- Intellectual function
Test your clinical judgment with an NCLEX Next Generation-style question: Chapter 6, Assignment 1.
Test your clinical judgment with an NCLEX Next Generation-style question: Chapter 6, Assignment 2.