The purpose of this discussion board is to provide you with the opportunity to reflect on topics that are related to the communication learning objectives, to exchange ideas with your peers, and to share teaching resources that are related to the communication learning objectives with your colleagues.
Assign the students reading. Add some videos to the resources. Make sure that the resources are diverse and represent different voices.
Our Discussion Prompts
- Reflect on, at least, two main points from the reading. What stood out to you? What are some questions or concerns that you have? Please be specific. You are invited to share a quote from the reading that resonates with you and to explain why. You are invited to reflect on your experiences, as they relate to the reading, both as a teacher and as a student.
- How can you apply some of the ideas, theories, and practices to your own class? Please describe a class application that is related to the readings.
- In addition to writing your own answer, please compose a response to, at least one, answer posted by another faculty member. In your replies to other instructors you can:
- Expand on or clarify a point made in the answer.
- Offer an additional argument to support a position taken in an answer.
- Agree/Disagree with a point or position made in an answer. If you are disagreeing with the views of another post, please be constructive and respectful. You may criticize a position but not the author.