(NOTE: This exercise was a Canvas group discussion in our training sessions and can be adapted for exchanging ideas with colleagues.)
The purpose of this discussion board is to provide you with the opportunity to reflect on topics that are related to the difference learning objectives, to exchange ideas with your peers, and to share teaching resources that are related to the difference learning objectives with your colleagues.
Before you respond to the prompt below, please read Difference – Reading and Resources page.
1. Reflect on at least two main points from the reading. What stood out to you? What are some questions or concerns that you have? Please be specific. You are invited to share a quote from the reading that resonates with you and to explain why. You are invited to reflect on your experiences as they relate to the reading, both as a teacher and as a student.
2. How can you apply some of the ideas, theories and practices to your own class? Please describe a class application that is related to the readings.
3. In addition to writing your own answer, please compose a response to at least one answer posted by another faculty member. In your replies to other instructors, you can:
- Expand on or clarify a point made in the answer.
- Offer an additional argument to support a position taken in an answer.
- Agree or disagree with a point or position made in an answer. If you are disagreeing with the views of another post, please be constructive and respectful. You may criticize a position, but not the author.